We’ve all been there – the babysitter bails at the last minute, a huge rainstorm hits right as you’re about to go mini-golfing, or maybe you’re feeling a little under the weather and you’re not feeling up to going out.
Those moments are exactly when you want a fun idea for a date night at home! There are tons of ideas out there, and these are some of the best. So next time you’re stuck home on a Friday night, try out one of these cute plans!
- Living room campout: Set up a tent or a blanket fort, line it with tons of pillows, and stock up on s’more ingredients. Tell ghost stories while you cuddle and roast marshmallows over a candle flame. Inspiration here.
- Iron Chef challenge: Pick an ingredient (like chocolate!) and create a meal that includes it in every course. You can cook together, or split it up and compete to see who does it better. Inspiration here.
- Movie marathon: Pick a series like Harry Potter, Star Wars, or the Lord of the Rings that you’ve never watched together and have an all-day or all-night movie marathon. Pop some popcorn and settle in on the couch! Inspiration here.
- Indoor picnic: Lay out a blanket in the front room, pack some sandwiches, and mix up some lemonade! When you have your picnic indoors, you don’t have to worry about the ants! Inspiration here.
- Spa night: Dim the lights and scatter some candles around the room for an at-home spa night. Give each other facials, pedicures, and of course, deep massages with oils. If you want to, you can even hire a masseuse to come to your home! Inspiration here.
- Theme night: Pick a theme – Italian, 80s, or anything you want – and create a date around it! Everything from the food to the activity to the dress code should fit the theme. Inspiration here.
- Karaoke: Fire up that old karaoke machine from college and sing like nobody’s listening! If you don’t have a karaoke machine, don’t worry – you can look up songs without lyrics on YouTube and sing along! Inspiration here.
- Book club: Pick up that book you’ve both been dying to start and cozy up by the fireplace as you take turns reading to each other. Read it on date nights until you finish, and then plan another date to watch the movie together! Inspiration here.
- Treasure hunt: Set up activities around the house or little surprises for your date to find. Create a map or clues and start the adventure with a sweet text! Inspiration here.
Happy date planning! For more unique dates like these, follow our Pinterest board, Great Date Ideas!