You’re stumped. Maybe you’re planning a wedding dinner, a business meeting, or a family party. The main course was easy enough to plan, and the dessert practically screamed “serve me!” But you just cannot figure out what to serve as the ever elusive side dish. Mashed potatoes are too obvious and everyone will expect steamed vegetables.
Never fear – these ideas are here to save you. This collection of recipes for every occasion will help you mix it up with a unique side plate that will leave everyone speechless. You and your guests will never suffer from boring and bland side dishes again!
- Southwest Avocado Crostini: This easy finger food can double as a side dish and an appetizer! Plus, everyone loves avocados, especially when paired with a crispy toasted baguette. Recipe here.
- Potato Croquettes: Basically a fancy version of french fries, but with even more flavors! Your guests will be begging you for the instructions! Recipe here.
- Mini Balsamic Baguettes: These little delicacies are a hit at weddings. Balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and mozzarella cheese are the perfect blend of flavors. Recipe here.
- Spicy Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad: Use a shaped pasta like a wagon wheel for a rustic wedding and serve this for a spin on a classic dish! Recipe here.
- Creamy Mushroom Potatoes: This is a popular side at Russian weddings, and includes creamy potatoes with a flavor of mushrooms, carrots, and onions. You can almost taste it already! Recipe here.
- Parmesan Crusted Zucchini: A healthy and simple yet classy dish that’s the perfect complement to a lunch meeting. Recipe here.
- Cilantro Lime Rice: Another side that’s easy to make but looks elegant, well-thought-out, and tastes incredible! Recipe here.
- Healthy Spinach Dip: Whether you’re taking a break between sessions or discussing the next big thing for your business, this dip will run out fast, so make a lot! Recipe here.
- Caribbean Tuna Salad: Serve individual salads in avocado halves for a fusion of flavors that will definitely impress your employees and guests. Recipe here.
- Tuscany Bread: This can double as an appetizer or a side and is sure to be a hit. Pesto, melted cheese, tomatoes – who wouldn’t love it? Recipe here.
- Shallot and Balsamic Glazed Green Beans: Please your family’s palate with this unique way to cook green beans. It’s much more elegant than a casserole! Recipe here.
- Parmesan Orzo with Lemon and Thyme: The hint of lemon in this light pasta makes it perfect for the end of summer. The family is sure to be impressed! Recipe here.
- Spiral Cinnamon and Sugar Sweet Potatoes: The kiddos will adore having their own spiraled sweet potato skewer, not to mention they are sprinkled in cinnamon and sugar! It’s a dream come true! Recipe here.
- Oven Baked Green Bean Fries: Treat your kids to fries while keeping it healthy at the same time! They’ll love this take on veggies, and you get to make your own garlic aioli. Recipe here.
- Pineapple Souffle Bake: This one is definitely an original! Mix a little fruit into your dinner with this unique side. Recipe here.
- Cheesy Pumpkin Orzo: A creamy, hearty pasta dish that is sure to warm you up on a cold evening. Recipe here.
- Southwestern Roasted Butternut Squash: The southwestern spices mixed with the sweetness of the squash will take your tastebuds for a whirl. Recipe here.
- Creamy Pumpkin Brown Rice: You just can’t get sick of pumpkin flavors in autumn! This creamy risotto-like dish will definitely be a crowd pleaser. Recipe here.
- Potato and Apple Gratin: Have you ever thought of combining these two foods? It’s an unlikely pair, but it’s pure magic. Recipe here.
- Chili and Cornbread in a Jar: It seems like everything is in mason jars these days, but this idea is incredible, delicious, and easy! Recipe here.
With all these ideas, you’ll never again have to bore your guests or your family with canned veggies or the same old fruit salad. But, if you need even more inspiration for your meeting or wedding menu, we’d love to help! Just send our catering department a short description of what you’re looking for and we will contact you!
Happy cooking and bon appetit!